Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
what i hate is when games give a minimum sistem reqirement that will "play" the game but not at a playale speed. i remember trying to put ut2004 on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

what i hate is when games give a minimum sistem reqirement that will "play" the game but not at a playale speed. i remember trying to put ut2004 on my computer before (old computer) and the large aoutdoor maps were largely unplayable due to the huge graphics lag.

i thoug i got enough hard drive space when i bought my two 80 gig hard drives but i guess i need more.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Quote Originally Posted by benjamin20
    what i hate is when games give a minimum sistem reqirement that will "play" the game but not at a playale speed. i remember trying to put ut2004 on my computer before (old computer) and the large aoutdoor maps were largely unplayable due to the huge graphics lag.
    If you want to play the latest and greatest games you have to be willing to fork over the money for the latest and greatest hardware in order to play them. Minimum requirements are misleading, I agree, but you can't possibly expect to play something like UT2003 on a 486.

i thoug i got enough hard drive space when i bought my two 80 gig hard drives but i guess i need more.
    How large is your /home directory? Is it a separate partition?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

my home directory is a seperate partition thats a 40gig raid 1. (two 40s) its remmebering the cdkey now but i still seeem to have problems saving. i might have to get through the entire level without saving before it will be able to save again.

i know that it takes power to run the latest gratest games. but i would thing that the minimum system requrements would play the game at lowest settings at an almost constant playable state. now i was able to play the indoor levels but onslought maps were basicly unplable, especialy for how fast the gameplay is.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Linux User
    i think it might be the 1.0.6 ill try a earlier version when i get home. im on vacation now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2