Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Well i got quake 4 today, very excited i opened it installed it and started to play, it plays on ultra high settings with my 6600GT so i was happy, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Quake 4...

Well i got quake 4 today, very excited i opened it installed it and started to play, it plays on ultra high settings with my 6600GT so i was happy, I get to the second level and the guy starts talking about how they were pinned and all of a sudden he stops and I cant do anything more, im stuck with no more objectives and i cant go anywere... Anyone have an idea whats wrong?

Define "stuck". Can you move around and just don't know what your objective is, or is it an actual bug in the game that causes it to freeze? Also, where in the story are you? Have you been picked up by the ship yet?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Define "stuck". Can you move around and just don't know what your objective is, or is it an actual bug in the game that causes it to freeze? Also, where in the story are you? Have you been picked up by the ship yet?
    theres nothing for me to do, the guys voice just cuts out and he doesnt tell me what to do, and when i tab theres no objectives and theres nowere to go

Linux User
    uped the difficulty level and it works... weird

Quote Originally Posted by a12ctic
    uped the difficulty level and it works... weird
    That is certainly odd. I didn't run into that. What version of the client were you using?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

thats a pretty bad bug. ive been having problems with loading, for some reason, every since the i got stroggified some of the saves are unable to load.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Quote Originally Posted by benjamin20
    thats a pretty bad bug. ive been having problems with loading, for some reason, every since the i got stroggified some of the saves are unable to load.
    What version of the client are you using? I managed to get through the whole game on two different difficulties using the first client Id released.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

portage is saying its 1.0.6

now whenever i start the game it askes for my serial number, also i now cant save at all. it always gets curoupted. i think my hard drive partition for my /home directory is almost ful though. im not shure how to see how much is left in it. that may be the problem however i would think quake would tell you that.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

ok, after looking up the command (df -h) i see i had 97 mb of hard drive space left after deleating some stuff. quake 4 would then remember the cdkey. some of the game saves are still courupted but seing as how the range from 4-10 mb a save i could easily see how a small amount of hard drive space left and a game that autosaves so liberaly could quickly give me a headache.

i think that my problem was mostly due to lack of hard drive space for my users.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin20
    ok, after looking up the command (df -h) i see i had 97 mb of hard drive space left after deleating some stuff. quake 4 would then remember the cdkey. some of the game saves are still courupted but seing as how the range from 4-10 mb a save i could easily see how a small amount of hard drive space left and a game that autosaves so liberaly could quickly give me a headache.

i think that my problem was mostly due to lack of hard drive space for my users.
    Ouch, that sucks eh? I remember buy a game and then discovering I didn't have enough video memory. I was mad for about a month. Hehe, so I had a game I couldn't play for about a year. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast