Find the answer to your Linux question:
ive been trying to convert a ripped dvd video into an ogg theora file. ive een aboe to do it with videos i had before with the sound synced to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

ffmpeg2theora audio/video out of sync

ive been trying to convert a ripped dvd video into an ogg theora file. ive een aboe to do it with videos i had before with the sound synced to the video correctly but for some reason with this video the video stream seems to be going a little too fast. if i play the ripped file in mplayer its all synced but the re encoded video always seems to have the audio going perfectly but the video slowly getting more and more ahead of the audio. i need to know the option to pas to ffmpeg2theora to make it speed it up a little. ffmpeg2theora seems to use mostly the same options as ive seen for other command line encoding programs.

also, for some reason when ever i play an encoded theora file in mplayer (havent used any other player) it will play fine but mplayer has an incorrect lenfth of video time. intead of being some thign like 22minuets and 40 seconds it will have ome thign like 38 hours, 52 minuets, and 20 seconds. its always the smae for the smae length of vieo. but another lenght will have a different number.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Just Joined!
    Hi!

I've been trying to convert an "avi" to "ogg/theora" with mpeg2theora and had the same problem. I tryed to use the --sync option but it dropped lots of frames. So I tryed to convert the avi to mpeg with ffmpeg and then to ogg/theora with mpeg2theora and it worked for me.

thanks, ill try that.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

audacity

If my memory serves me correctly, one can do small changes to the audio using "audacity", such that when finished, and re-combining the video and audio, they are synchronised. But its hard and time-consuming "trial and error" type work.