Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to create a webpage that upon loaded will play a movie either using Mplayer or VideoLan from a playlist. Any ideas? I've manage to look up the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to embed media player in a webpage running on FC4

I am trying to create a webpage that upon loaded will play a movie either using Mplayer or VideoLan from a playlist. Any ideas?

I've manage to look up the web on windows based system and it was pretty simple, and looks something like this...

<object classid="22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95 " width="320" height="290" id="mediaplayer1 ">
    <param name="FileName" value="temp" />
    <param name="AutoStart" value="true" />
    <param name="ShowControls" value="true" />
    <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="False" />
    <param name="ShowDisplay" value="False" />
    <param name="AutoRewind" value="True" />
    <embed src="../myStuff/The 4400 Season 2/the.4400.2x2.avi" width="320" height="290" autostart="true" filename="temp" showcontrols="true" showstatusbar="False" showdisplay="False" autorewind="True" type="application/x-mplayer2"
    pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/MediaPlayer/"></embed>

I've tried it and it works on my XP, but i have no idea how to do it in FC4 environment. I've also googled the net but all i get is some instruction to install plug-ins for my firefox browser. If anyone have done it before, please advice. Thanks in advance

Linux Newbie
    why dont you just put a link to the file (maybe in an ifram if u really want it embedded) and let whatever media play / media player browser plugin the user has installed - that would be a lot nicer than forcing them to use mplayer or vlc or windows media....