Find the answer to your Linux question:
A while ago I came across a Live CD distro that was built for gaming. I remember it having Doom, but also some emulator function as well for NES, GBA. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    sbn
    Just Joined!

Game Distro Live CD w/Doom

A while ago I came across a Live CD distro that was built for gaming. I remember it having Doom, but also some emulator function as well for NES, GBA. Problem is I bookmarked the page on a machine that is now history. The name is right on the tip of my tongue, but for the life of me I just can not remember it!

I have been searching google and up coming up with a lot of junk, but nothing useful. Now it may very well be that I had come across a project on Sourceforge that like so many there just never was developed, thus why at the time I had paid no attention to it.

you could do some research and make your own if you wanted. just a suggestion
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Games Knoppix perhaps?

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    seems cool, i was stumbling around (with StumbleUpon my favorite mozilla extension) and came across that linux from scratch page... i havent used it yet but maybe ill try and get something like this to work

Just Joined!
    Yeah, it sounds like Games Knoppix. Try this:

http://games-knoppix.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/

Just Joined!
    To me this sounds like puppy arcade.