Find the answer to your Linux question:
Doe sanybody know of a distro that is based around games, emulators and such. I need to know one for a custom built Pc I am making, so it like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Video game Distro

Doe sanybody know of a distro that is based around games, emulators and such. I need to know one for a custom built Pc I am making, so it like a homemade video game console.

Well the downside here is that it will be mostly emulators you'll be using. There are a good few games but nowhere near as many as on Windows. Games Knoppix will be a start. If you install it you can easily add emulators on top of the games using aptitude if you have a net connection on it. The again, if you're going to have to install the emulators seperately (which you most likely will) then almost any distro will do for you.

I would just go probably get Cdega for your games. My mom is a Sims2 addict so I got that for her so she can play and it seems to be working well for her. Also, Red Hat is coming out with something called GLX that will be an X Server like thing that will be great for 3d graphics and such. I would just get Cedega though. That seems to work great for a lot of people.

Just Joined!
    I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not, but the recent DVD that came with the March issue of Linux Magazine had a distro they call "Extreme Gaming". The sleeve says "Full Linux distro - optimized for gaming".

I haven't tried it yet, so I can't vouch for it one way or the other, but I think the same distro is here. It is from Spain, and the web page is all in Spanish, but I'm guessing the distro has English support because othewise they wouldn't have sent it out with an English language magazine.