Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. I tried installing UT2004 from the linux-installer.sh file on the dvd. it asks me for the cd key which I enter. After this a screen pops up and asks ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ut2004 DVD install

Hi. I tried installing UT2004 from the linux-installer.sh file on the dvd. it asks me for the cd key which I enter. After this a screen pops up and asks me to mount cd1. I already have the dvd in the drive so there is nothing to mount but I can not get past this screen. Anyone got some ideas for me? Thanks

Just Joined!
    The installer has problems detecting path info, so you have to tell it where to find the setup files before you run.

Try:

export SETUP_CDROM=\???

...where "???" is the path that the DVD is mounted to.

Some people have reported problems with supermount, so if it's still not working after the "export..." command, try unmounting the disc and re-mounting it.

I have also heard of people copying the installer script to HD, unmounting the disc, and running the installer for it to automatically mount CDs as needed. This last method may or may not work (I haven't tried it), but if it doesn't, try the "export..." thing and then try again.

Oh, and happy fragging!