Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am using the Breezy edition of Ubuntu. I just recently installed it on my friends computer - which went well - and have everything working except the sound ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    lys
    Just Joined!

Question Ubuntu - Micro won't work

Hello,
    I am using the Breezy edition of Ubuntu. I just recently installed it on my friends computer - which went well - and have everything working except the sound input which I plan to use for VOIP. Unfortunately I am not very knowledgable about gnome, and even less about terminal commands for audio driver configuration, in fact I don't know a whole lot about linux audio at all. If anyone anyhow could help me troubleshooting I'd be deeply appreciated. Any howto or help urls would also be nice - I've searched on google but not really found much relevant (or of what I suspect to be relevant).

Lys

Unfortunately I don't know the Sound card and have no ability to find out by opening the machine as I don't own it.

check the sound mixer and make sure the line-in isn't muted. if you're more comfortable with KDE then apt-get install kubuntu-desktop then logout and click session and you should be able to log into KDE
    Desktop: Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz 1.5 GB RAM Ubuntu/XP Pro
    Laptop: Macbook 2 GHz C2Duo 3 GB RAM OS X/ Ubuntu/ XP Pro
    Linux Registration #396559

Go 'Stros!