Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I've been looking, with little success, for a program that converts .mov Quicktime files to .avi files, my camera records in .mov and I need them in .avi to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Converters?

Hey,

I've been looking, with little success, for a program that converts .mov Quicktime files to .avi files, my camera records in .mov and I need them in .avi to edit them, if you could list any good editing software too, it may be better than what I'm using at the moment that came with Suse.

Thanks,
    Graham
    Graham - You'd better Use Linux!

I'm registerd Linux user #397030. What about you?

I believe mencoder can encode .mov files as long as you have proper codecs. I also just found a program called konverter which is a frontend to mencoder utilized for kde.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Awesome! I'll check it out!
    Graham - You'd better Use Linux!

I'm registerd Linux user #397030. What about you?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Cool

yap, try those links

convertor

and visit ->that link<-, there is good soft there, I know u can find something useful for u

luck=)

Quote Originally Posted by kockney
    yap, try those links

convertor

and visit ->that link<-, there is good soft there, I know u can find something useful for u

luck=)
    try keeping it opensource and free (as in beer) if you can those links are for pay programs that are not opensource. Why use those when you can use free opensource programs readily available, this is linux after all.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL