Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anyone know of any good RPG makers for Linux? Something like Rpg maker 2003 or Xp for Windows but on Linux....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Rpg Maker

Anyone know of any good RPG makers for Linux? Something like Rpg maker 2003 or Xp for Windows but on Linux.

Linux Engineer
    I haven't tried any game makers on linux, but I found this on google:
    http://ire.sourceforge.net/

Just Joined!
    You can run RPG Maker 2000 using WINE- at least on Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn 7.04. I'm using the Rm2k w/ Wine version 0.9.33. With the newest version of wine RM2k crashes.

When you install the RTPs just set it on z:\(blah blah) instead of the default C:\
    You can run the install file for rm2k & rtp using wine and run the rm2k file w/ wine also. I tried hard for a Linux native editor, and the closest & simplest game editor for linux I found was...game editor.

Game Editor - the game design software for anyone interested in game developing.

But still it's script driven, C if I'm not mistaken. And is MUCH more complicated than RM2k. If you want RM2k's ease on Linux, your best bet is Rm2k for linux on Wine. I dunno if it works for all Linux distros, but wine 0.9.33 & Fiesty OS works w/o a hinch...