Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running Ubuntu 6.06 LTS on a Toshiba Satellite P35 laptop with a Nvidia GeForceFX graphics card. When I run frozen-bubble in fullscreen mode while using the free software ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

frozen-bubble fullscreen trouble

I am running Ubuntu 6.06 LTS on a Toshiba Satellite P35 laptop with a Nvidia GeForceFX graphics card. When I run frozen-bubble in fullscreen mode while using the free software nvidia drivers (referred to as "nv" in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf), everything works fine. If I change to the proprietary nvidia drivers (referred to as "nvidia" in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf) than the fullscreen doesn't work anymore. Instead, the screen goes black and the game is centered in the middle of the screen (without changing resolution). I get the same result in both Gnome and KDE.

Is there a way for me to fix this? I need to use the proprietary nvidia drivers for KDE or else my fonts are fuzzy.

Anybody got an idea how to fix this? Can I edit my xorg.conf or maybe write a shell script that forces frozen-bubble to open in a higher resolution? Or restarts the xserver with the "nv" driver, opens frozen-bubble, and then restarts the xserver with the "nvidia" driver when I quit the game?

I know very little shell scripting, so any help is appreciated.

The solution to this was very easy (and I wasted my time with a shell script). I added "640x480" to my "Modes" line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf as such:

Code:
    SubSection "Display"
                    Depth           24
                    Modes           "1440x900" "640x480" # 640x480 added for Frozen Bubble
    EndSubSection
    "1440x900" was my default resolution. I restarted X, and frozen-bubble will go fullscreen. I guess that frozen-bubble looks for the 640x480 resolution, and X needs to allow it.