Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, everyone, I've tried searching in all the usual places (the forum search, google, the gentoo package lists) but can't find exactly what I'm looking for (or have found it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Rip audio from an .avi?

Hi, everyone, I've tried searching in all the usual places (the forum search, google, the gentoo package lists) but can't find exactly what I'm looking for (or have found it but don't know if it does what I need).

As the title suggests, I need to rip some audio from an .avi file, then possibly play with the audio a bit (remove some speech, or at least make it quieter compared with the rest of the audio). If you know of any programs which do this I'd love to hear about them GTK is a plus, but not a necessity.

Thanks.

I always hate it when I miss something so simple. I was searching for 'rip audio .avi' on google and these forums, obviously nothing usefull, I didn't even think to try 'video audio converter'. Anyways, for anyone who might find it usefull, it seems Avidemux is the program to use. I'm emerging it now