Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded the DIVX tar file and it does include an install.sh file. However, when I run it I get to read a licensing agreement and then upon reaching the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Divx

I downloaded the DIVX tar file and it does include an install.sh file. However, when I run it I get to read a licensing agreement and then upon reaching the end... I see END. and I am unable to do anything. Is there some key stroke that these user agreements use as a standard or has anyone else seen this?

Linux Newbie
    Did you try Y???
    Registered Linux User #395492
    My blog: http://www.khooban.com/nucleus/?&blogid=2
    Desktop (Cassius) Pentium 4 1.5Ghz, 512MB SDRAM, 40, 60 and 80GB HardDisks, DVD/CDRW! Laptop (Copy) AMD Athlon XP 1.8Ghz, 448MB RAM, 64MB Radeon Graphics, 60GB HD, DVD/CDRW!

Just Joined!
    Yes. Pressing "y" or "Y" just initiates a reverse carriage return.

Just Joined!
    I edited to .sh and took out the "extra" data and ran it. It ran. I got a a few errors though, fixed that with "sudo", heh. thx all

Linux Guru
    Isn't that license agreement just a 'less' command? In that case normally a 'q' should terminate it. Just out of interest did you get it up and running? I've never bothered as xine,mplayer and VLC all play divx but I'd be curious to know how it runs.

Just Joined!
    It looks like the codecs installed and the media players can be modded to utilize them. I wasn't installing a player though.

Just Joined!

Question Divx woes

Greetings;

I downloaded and ran the ./install for divx, and it seemed to complete succesfully. However when i try and play a divx video file the player still just sits there and wont do anything. I am running fedora core 5 x64.