Find the answer to your Linux question:
Sorry to ask this question. I have searched the forums but none of the other threads seem to help and I don't want to ruin my sound. My problem is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Teamspeak and ET

Sorry to ask this question. I have searched the forums but none of the other threads seem to help and I don't want to ruin my sound. My problem is that Enemy territory and teamspeak both hog oss so I can't hear both. My sound card is SIS but it has two capture and one playback device

I looked at this...
    but it seems very complicated and it isn't written for FC. I run on FC4 and these are my info about alsa...

snd_intel8x0m 19589 0
    snd_intel8x0 34689 1
    snd_ac97_codec 75961 2 snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0
    snd_seq_dummy 3653 0
    snd_seq_oss 37057 0
    snd_seq_midi_event 9153 1 snd_seq_oss
    snd_seq 62289 5 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event
    snd_seq_device 8781 3 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq
    snd_pcm_oss 51185 0
    snd_mixer_oss 17857 1 snd_pcm_oss
    snd_pcm 100169 4 snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_ oss
    snd_timer 33605 2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
    snd 57157 12 snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_seq_ oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_o ss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
    soundcore 10913 1 snd
    snd_page_alloc 9669 3 snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm

Can someone please help me get TS and ET play sound at the same time, simple language will be apriciated....

Cheers

There's an informative (albeit lengthy) thread on this subject at the Transgaming forums. It references a particular part of the TeamSpeak FAQ, which you may also want to look at.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Just Joined!
    Those didn't help me at all....the asoundrc configs there never worked...I emulated oss and can play both ET and TeamSpeak but I get lag in ET and extreame sound delay using ... I use this to set my arts server "artsd -F 6 -S 256 -w 6"....any tips on how to get rid of the delay? Or can someone post a nice asoundrc that I could copy to use dmix instead of arts( I run on gnome)...

Cheers

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close