Find the answer to your Linux question:
I keep trying to make it work a switched my sound to OSS and ran doom3 like doom3 +set s_driver oss and it still dosn't work does some one know ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

No sound on doom3.

I keep trying to make it work a switched my sound to OSS and ran doom3 like doom3 +set s_driver oss and it still dosn't work does some one know how to fix this?

You're going to need to give us more information than that. What kind of sound card do you have? Are you having issues with sound in anything other than Doom 3? What issues are you having specifically: i.e. no sound, garbled sound, etc? What error messages (if any) show up when you launch Doom 3 from the command line?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

I have Realtek ALC850 AC'97 and I'm not getting any sound at all in doom3 but it worked with all my other stuff like music and web.

Weird thing I started it to check for errors and the sound was on but it locked up.And when I exited and started again there was no sound.

Id's games have issues with AC'97 sound, in my experience. You might try turning off any other sound daemons (such as artsd or esd) and launching the game again.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Talking Worked

It worked I'm hearing zombies and demons now thanks .