Find the answer to your Linux question:
Recently I decided to try running WoW in Linux with a default wine installation and it works!!! It's remarkably slow though, like really really slow, but there are no graphics ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

World of Warcraft in Wine

Recently I decided to try running WoW in Linux with a default wine installation and it works!!! It's remarkably slow though, like really really slow, but there are no graphics errors whatsoever, does anybody else play WoW in Linux, and if so how? If you use wine, how can I remedy the slowness?

Linux Newbie
    I found a pretty good walkthrough on this forum, just make sure if you've installed wine via the repositories to completely remove wine from your system and do exactly as this walkthrough says, because there are some patches that have to be applied before wine is compiled. If the patch files don't work here are two copies I found elsewhere:

wine-cvs-glx.diff

wine-wow-fixes.patch

Also make sure that you get the correct version of wine here, I tried winehq.org and the one they are linked to is an older version that didn't work correctly for me, but this is the version that a friend used and it worked.