Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey there everyone...... i was just wondering if i could just go ahead and but NeverWinterNights at Walmart (or some other store). I know it is Linux native but does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cool NeverWinterNights?!?!?! Do i buy regular version??

Hey there everyone...... i was just wondering if i could just go ahead and but NeverWinterNights at Walmart (or some other store). I know it is Linux native but does that mean i have to do anything special with it??

Thanks
    tom

Linux Newbie
    Its all here http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/linuxclient.html#notes . Installation instructions pretty clear and mine runs perfectly.
    Elive,kanotix-mini,pclinuxos super gamer,xp, sidux

Quote Originally Posted by wickster
    Hey there everyone...... i was just wondering if i could just go ahead and but NeverWinterNights at Walmart (or some other store). I know it is Linux native but does that mean i have to do anything special with it??

Thanks
    tom
    Yes, just go out and buy the MS Windows boxed version and download the Linux client as suggested above.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

I am continually suprised at how many games actually work with Linux. I love Neverwinter Nights, but lost the CD's. Should I just go out and buy the platinum addition?

Quote Originally Posted by azezpz1
    I am continually suprised at how many games actually work with Linux. I love Neverwinter Nights, but lost the CD's. Should I just go out and buy the platinum addition?
    You might be able to find either Gold or Platinum edition for $20 or less at a used book store like Half Price Books. I see it there all the time where I live.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Cool, thanks man! Does anyone know if it's true that they are revamping NWN, and coming out with a whole new engine known as NWN2?

Yeah, I found out that NWN2 is coming out. Does anyone know if the "Diamond" addition will run with linux. Just wanted to make sure.

Yeah, I found out that NWN2 is coming out. Does anyone know if the "Diamond" addition will run with linux. Just wanted to make sure.
    According to the Neverwinter Nights Linux Client page (linked above), the only version they "officially" support is Gold and the original plus the two expansions. It's *possible* Diamond will still work however, because all you're really doing when you install it in Linux is copying certain files off the disc.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

So once you download the linux thingy from NWN all you do is copy the different files into the correct folders, and in effect it's installed?

So once you download the linux thingy from NWN all you do is copy the different files into the correct folders, and in effect it's installed?
    It's been a while since I installed NWN, but yes. I'm pretty sure that's what the instructions say on their site.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast