Find the answer to your Linux question:
The two main things I like to do on my computer are play games and listen to music, unfortunately I can not do them at the same time. The game ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Music and Games

The two main things I like to do on my computer are play games and listen to music, unfortunately I can not do them at the same time. The game I play mostly is Quake 4, and if I try and launch it while Amarok is running I don't get any game sound. I have tried setting both Quake 4 and the Xine engine used by Amarok to use alsa (Xine in the configure engine menu of Amarok and Quake by adding +set s_driver alsa to command line). Is there any way, preferably easy, to hear sound from both programs? I am using Suse 10.1 if that matters.

Banned
    Do not double post. Read forum rules.

Just Joined!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB
    Do not double post. Read forum rules.
    I am sorry but I thoroughly searched the forums, but I can not find a post relating to my problem. However I was maybe to hasty to post. The problem was that Quake 4 is proprietary software and only available in 32-bit, and Amarok and Xine are 64-bit (I really should have mentioned my architecture, my bad) and I don't think that a 32-bit program can share alsa with 64-bit one. Sorry for not trying harder to solve the problem more by myself before posting, I am perfectly okay with a moderator deleting this thread if they want to.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close