Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just had to reinstall Linux (err...), and everything is back to normal except Mozilla. I downloaded and ran the install script (as root) for Macromedia Flash Player, to /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Mozilla and Macromedia....

I just had to reinstall Linux (err...), and everything is back to normal except Mozilla. I downloaded and ran the install script (as root) for Macromedia Flash Player, to /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4 (which is where mozilla for is on here), and it installed the files to a plugins folder. I reopened Mozilla, and it still didn't work. I then tried to install as normal user to install it to ~/.mozilla and still no luck. I even redid both, with another download incase of corruption. I also did full restart to see if that would fix it.

I also checked MozPlugger 1.3.2 and its not even listed in there.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Mandrake 9.2 - kernel 2.4.22-10mdk
    Mozilla 1.4
    If you love something, emerge it

Just Joined!
    what I did was download install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz and then I extracted libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt to my plugins directory. I use firefox for the record, not that it should matter a great deal.

It should work or you could always try using yum or apt-get to install and check for dependacies.

Had sort of the same problem.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/vie...998&highlight=

To get shockwave working I had to use rpmfind for this lib: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3.. It could be found in the : compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118.i386.rpm

Strange, way does it need C++ support for Red Hat 7.3 backwards compatibility ????
    I noticed that when I used Synaptic to download the other mozilla plugins, it creates a directory mozilla in the /usr/lib
    and in that dir (/usr/lib/mozilla) a new plugin directory is created that hold all the plugins... And then they work..
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Just Joined!
    me having the same problem. i unzipped the downloaded file and put in the required files into my mozilla plugins directory. but nothing happens!! mozilla does not seem to recognize the new Flash Plug-in when I go and see in the About Plug-ins page in Help menu!!!

I tried downloading something called flash-fix.....but no use either.....

I use Mandrake Linux 9.2 as well....and Mozilla 1.4......

pls help me.....it sucks to look at websites without flash

Linux Engineer
    If you install the netscape flash player then mozilla will be able to use it too. I have a link on my home system which I will provide later.