Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an alsa player in source form. alsaplayer-0.99.76.tar.gz I have no idea how to set this up. I am getting a bit frustrated with all of this. I used ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Alsa source

I have an alsa player in source form. alsaplayer-0.99.76.tar.gz I have no idea how to set this up. I am getting a bit frustrated with all of this. I used Mandrake 9.2 and the cd sounds worked but but the totem dvd player kept crashing and a few other programs did also. So I switched back to Red Hat. The sound works but the cd sound doesn't. I keep trying to find dvd and cd rpms but I can't get any to work. Maybe I am destined to use XP on both computers after all. If anyone has any suggestions I would aprreciate them. I have been at this for hours and I am getting annoyed.

Ron

Do a "tar xvzf alsaplayer-0.99.76.tar.gz", cd into the directrory the "tar" command creates, log in as root (su -) and type "./configure && make && make install" and wait for it to finish.

If you met all the requirements for the program, everything should go smooth.

Good luck