Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just came across my N.W.N game and installed it and forgot how much i enjoy playing it ,Been thinking of buying a few more games like it but apart from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

A new rpg

Just came across my N.W.N game and installed it and forgot how much i enjoy playing it ,Been thinking of buying a few more games like it but apart from Morrowind i cant realy think of any good rpg single player games out there that i could try out ive not been playing for some time now, could any of you name a few good titles

planeshift is an MMORPG and it's not too bad
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Quote Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng
    planeshift is an MMORPG and it's not too bad
    I could be mistaken, but I believe the question was for a single-player RPG.

mactabilis, are you specifically looking for Linux-compatible RPGs? If not, there are quite a few nice ones on XP. If you liked Morrowind, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion is a gorgeous sequel. There's also a Diablo-esque game called Titan Quest that came out recently. As for Linux-native... Neverwinter Nights is the only one I can think of. I welcome other suggestions as the single-player RPG genre is one of my favorites as well.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    telnet nethack.alt.org

Don't get addicted

well, i'm working on a single player text rpg for my project. the project one will have to be in VB, but i've got a version written in C. don't get too excited, you can only create a character at the moment (added to that i botched up the monster generator). anyway, when i've finished it, i'll be letting people know (i'm vain like that ).
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux Newbie
    You could try Egoboo or NetHack.

Battle for Wesnoth is a cool looking fantasy strategy game if you find that interesting.

well, i'm working on a single player text rpg for my project. the project one will have to be in VB, but i've got a version written in C. don't get too excited, you can only create a character at the moment (added to that i botched up the monster generator). anyway, when i've finished it, i'll be letting people know (i'm vain like that ).
    If you need some help on the code (theory wise anyway) take a look at my Legend of the Teal Dragon. It's in Java, but you can at least get the idea. I'm happy to explain the big picture.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    If you need some help on the code (theory wise anyway) take a look at my Legend of the Teal Dragon. It's in Java, but you can at least get the idea. I'm happy to explain the big picture.
    thanks for the offer techieMoe, but i want to do this on my own at least until i've finished the project for college (to avoid cheating). i've not started it in VB yet, however i've finished the monster generator and i've got some work done on the battle interface (working on implementing spells at the moment). it's on my server if anyone wants to look at it (ftp://i-live-to.serveftp.net/crap), though all it does is create a character and a random monster and... that's it. if anyone wants to give feedback on the interface then feel free (the interfaces will be completely different for my project, due to it being written in VB). i'll probably post up the VB version once i've finished it so i can get feedback on it for the documentation i need to write up.

Well i was thinking of a linux rpg game apart from NWN but i'm hopeing NWN2
    will install on linux i'm sure it will ive just not looked into it yet.

Or i could just sit back and wait for your rpg games to go public when there finished

Thanks for the idears.

thanks for the offer techieMoe, but i want to do this on my own at least until i've finished the project for college (to avoid cheating).
    An admirable goal, and I wish you the best of luck. I certainly didn't mean for you to copy my stuff, just get ideas from it.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants