Find the answer to your Linux question:
Recently I stumbled across KNetWalk, a quick and simple puzzle game that's good for occupying a spare minute (much like Minesweeper). There are four difficulty levels: Novice, Normal, Expert, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

KNetWalk: Can the "Master" level be solved?

Recently I stumbled across KNetWalk, a quick and simple puzzle game that's good for occupying a spare minute (much like Minesweeper). There are four difficulty levels: Novice, Normal, Expert, and Master. Once you learn what to look for, the first three levels aren't too difficult to solve. But I fired up a few Master levels, and they all looked impossible. There's no help file included with the game, and only a license agreement in /usr/share/doc/knetwalk. I also couldn't find a Web site associated with the game, so no docs online from what I can tell.

Does anyone know if Master is intended to be unsolvable? Or am I just not up to the challenge?
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

You know what, nevermind. I just saw that on the Master level, the screen edges wrap around. So a pipe going off the right edge can connect to a pipe at the corresponding height on the left edge.

This changes everything...
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Just Joined!
    I know this is a little late for a response to this but yea I just solved that puzzle after
    viewing this post and have uploaded a screen shot to show you just that it can be done
    on master mode given enough time.

It was actually quite difficult to get all of them situated so they'd connect but like I
    said given enough time anything can be completed, patience is a virtue.