Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there any way to convert an (uncompressed) SWF file to an AVI file? I've tried Googling but while there are lots of swf-to-avi converters available for Windows I can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Swf -> Avi

Is there any way to convert an (uncompressed) SWF file to an AVI file?

I've tried Googling but while there are lots of swf-to-avi converters available for Windows I can't find anything for Linux.

I've tried using ffmpeg2theora, ffmpeg and mencoder and while each _does_ produce an output file it's only a few seconds long and usually only in audio.
    Registered Linux User #379728

SuSE 10.3 :: Athlon XP 3000+ :: AsRock K7VT4A Pro :: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT :: C-Media 8738

www.psypherpunk.org.uk

Just Joined!
    I can suggest vidflash.
    This is a website which convert flash to avi and other video formats. As far as I know it's for free.

Regards
    Delko

I can suggest vidflash.
    This is a website which convert flash to avi and other video formats. As far as I know it's for free.

Regards
    Delko

That's Windows software!!!
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Possibly that might run under Wine. However, VidFlash.com itself doesn't have any software, just links to another site which does. And the software there, while available to try, costs ~$50 per licence.
    Registered Linux User #379728

SuSE 10.3 :: Athlon XP 3000+ :: AsRock K7VT4A Pro :: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT :: C-Media 8738

www.psypherpunk.org.uk

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by PsypherPunk
    Possibly that might run under Wine. However, VidFlash.com itself doesn't have any software, just links to another site which does. And the software there, while available to try, costs ~$50 per licence.
    Well first of all VidFlash.com is not software. This is services. It means that you load your flash on website and download FROM WEBSITE avi. That's all. And by the way it doesn't matter which OS you have. It support Windows, Mac, Linux, etc...

hi i think you need to try Flash To Video Encoder
    i worked with this prog and i can't complane...
    first time i worked with trualware and it was very comfy too coz trialware without time limit...i think its very cool
    if you interesting here you can find more info about progs which can help
    Flash To Video Encoder i hope it will help
    GLuck and Merry Xmass