Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well I installed "dgen" and it works like crap, so I downloaded GensForLinux and that isn't working either. Anyone else know a good one I can use? Also, my problem ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    kbk

Sega Emulation

Well I installed "dgen" and it works like crap, so I downloaded GensForLinux and that isn't working either. Anyone else know a good one I can use? Also, my problem with Gens is that it won't install, I run ./configure and it gives me this error "bash: ./configure: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or director". Any help greatly appreciated.

kbk
    Well anyone got any ideas? I'm tired of using my mom's computer whenever I want to play Sonic..and she's pretty tired of it too I think..

TRy editing the configure file and changing /bin/sh^M to /bin/bash or /bin/sh
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    kbk
    When I search for /bin/sh^M in the file it comes up with nothing. The file is pretty huge too. Is there anything else I can try?

I used to run gens undeer Windows but I haven't had any luck getting a Sega Emulator to run. There are even one or two in Guru's SUSE repos but noe have ever worked for me. Snes on the other hand is all gravy...Zsnes works great on any platform. Make sure and post back if you find a good SEGA one, I'd definitely be interested.

kbk
    Will do, I have Zsnes working already, but I'm tired of playing Mario all the time, and I've never been a big nintendo fan personally.

kbk
    There are rpm's for Gens made for SuSE.. I never came accross them, but they do work.. http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat....i586.rpm.html

Hi mates,
    I also think Gens and other for Linux are pure ****... but there is a nice emulator called Generator (for Linux I mean, of course).
    It doesn't need "./configure" or "make", only double clicking the executable.
    However the game compatibility, although quite good, is not as good as Fusion for the horrible Windows . Also don't forget it is a good idea to pause emulation when you want to load another game, since if a game is already running, it might crash, and you will have to restart it.

Good luck, man.