Find the answer to your Linux question:
Yesterday we had a pretty violent windstorm, and the power went out a few times. After the power came back on I tried to watch an episode of Mythbusters that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    kbk

No sound on MPlayer

Yesterday we had a pretty violent windstorm, and the power went out a few times. After the power came back on I tried to watch an episode of Mythbusters that I had ripped to my computer, Mplayer would start up, and then there would be a "fatal error" window, and it said "[JACK] cannot open server". It only seems to do this after the computer has been on for awhile, everything worked last night after I rebooted, but this morning it's happening again. I don't want to have to reboot every time I want to watch something. Audio for AmaroK works just fine, as do some other apps.. So whats the problem? Any help is appreciated.

Banned

Lightbulb

well, that is really not good! but I think it is still a little relevant to this!^_^

kbk
    I think I have temporarily solved this problem by keeping Mplayer open at all times. I put it on a different desktop and it doesn't get in the way or anything.