Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. I recently installed DOOM 3 on my linux machine. Everything seems to be working good. I want to move my save files from my windows installation to my linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Doom 3 save files?

Hi.

I recently installed DOOM 3 on my linux machine. Everything seems to be working good.

I want to move my save files from my windows installation to my linux installation. Does anybody have any idea where the save files on linux are stored? And are the save files on windows compatible with the save files on linux?

I hope this works >_<

Your save files are stored in your /home/yourusername/.doom3/ directory. I believe there is a subfolder in there called "saves", but it's been a while. They're a bunch of files and images with .SAV after them if I remember correctly. Copy all the files and move them to your save directory in MS Windows. The savegames are compatible.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Your save files are stored in your /home/yourusername/.doom3/ directory. I believe there is a subfolder in there called "saves", but it's been a while. They're a bunch of files and images with .SAV after them if I remember correctly. Copy all the files and move them to your save directory in MS Windows. The savegames are compatible.
    Thanks a lot!

for reference, the default save file location is in:

/home/*userid*/.doom3/base/savegames

thanks again ^___^