Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, i would like to hook up a joystick to my game port and have it function normally. I`m running Lycoris Update 3 and their drver support list is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

A Joystick With Linux!

Hello everyone,

i would like to hook up a joystick to my game port and have it function normally. I`m running Lycoris Update 3 and their drver support list is somewhat extensive, so with a little homework i feel that this can happen. In trying to find almost any game port joystick I`m not having much luck! Does anyone have any suggestions? I`ve notice at a local thrift store that they have a bunch of Microsoft Sidewinder analog used joysticks, what do you think? The thought of using any Microsoft stuff is repulsive, but !!!!
    Thanks, Richard

Linux Engineer
    if you have a free USB port, you can get a decently priced USB joystick and it'll work with a little effort...

to get mine to work i had to add tothe kernel several options that i can't remember right off hand... my joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro... it only took me a few hours to figure out how to get it working.. and when i switched to 2.6, it was even easier...
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr