Find the answer to your Linux question:
While I have been able to get amaroK to recognize my iRiver T10 I have NOT been able to "connect" it. Probably because I don't know what I'm doing. If ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Connecting IRiver to amaroK

While I have been able to get amaroK to recognize my iRiver T10 I have NOT been able to "connect" it. Probably because I don't know what I'm doing. If someone could share some step by step instructions that would be VERY much appreciated.

That said what I do get is a message that the "iRiver at /dev/sda (mounted at /media/usbdisk)". However clicking "connect" gives message "could not connect to IFP drive".

While likely incorrectly I have tried using both "iRiver" and "Generic" plug in settings with identical abysmal results.

Thanks in advance for your help ...

Maybe this will help you. (About halfway down the page)

Just Joined!

Shifting sands

Sorry to say, no. But perhaps because I don't necessarily understand.

That said, I'm not sure what happened but it now seems amaroK recognizes the player, that it is "connects" and "disconnects" (through button clicking) without an error resulting. But ... it does not either read the contents of the iRiver OR transfer new tracks.

As for the possible fix in the response, perhaps I was supposed to create it but there is no "40-local.rules" file that I can find. As for the fstab file the structure (as set by the initial line in the file) does not seem to match the text structure suggested.

So, given the problem is now no transfer rather than no connection, perhaps someone could suggest a fix.

Thanks again in anticipation of any responses.