Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am looking to build a new computer, and I was wondering if you could help me make some decisions on the system components. Right now I'm thinking of getting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best System Components

I am looking to build a new computer, and I was wondering if you could help me make some decisions on the system components. Right now I'm thinking of getting these things:

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI X16 Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 (not sure which one to go with)
    NVIDIA graphics card (not sure, but thinking one of the GeForce 7800 series)
    Antec Nine Hundred ATX Ultimate Gamer Tower Case
    CD burner, haven't really looked at any

As for the sound card, floppy and ethernet, I have the sound card and floppy covered, I'm thinking that the built-in ethernet card should work, but if not, it's also covered.

I would like to be able to run some 3d games, probably just something along the lines of Nexuiz which I cannot play now. Also, I am looking at the dual core for the reason that my internet connection is fairly slow (although not dial-up) and downloads tend to slow down my current computer quite a bit.

Also, I hope this was the right place to post it, because I am looking for the best gaming configuration.

Sounds pretty good, the ethernet output on the motherboard should work just fine, that case looks pretty nice

Im pretty sure with that chipset the motherboard takes DDR, i strongly recommend having at least 1GB, if you really want to get the most out of todays games, get 2GB, which is what i have in my gaming system

im not sure if that case comes with a power supply, if it does, what is the wattage on that? a mistake alot of people make is having a bigger power supply than they need, usually between 450 and 520 is where you want it to be

also, you want to make sure you have at least a DVD-ROM on your computer, alot of newer games, such as HL2 Episode 1 only come in DVD Format