Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everybody I have installed UT2004 recently on my ubuntu edgy eft 6.10 my computer is a Athlon AMD XP 2200+ MSI GeForce FX 5200 512 MB RAM I've installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

UT2004 FPS Drops

Hello everybody

I have installed UT2004 recently on my ubuntu edgy eft 6.10
    my computer is a

Athlon AMD XP 2200+
    MSI GeForce FX 5200
    512 MB RAM

I've installed the latest nvidia-glx and the game runs to 80~60 fps but sometimes it has some heavy fps drops from 80~60 to 10~20 when I go into open spaces... after that it restores soon

It's impossible to play with this problem
    I don't really know where the matter is, because under windows the game runs very well, the fps stay smoothly on 80

I've read many articles but none of them could help me, could you please explain me clearly what should I do?

Actually, I'm outright shocked that your performance in MS Windows is that high considering the hardware you have. I couldn't get UT2004 to run better than 40-60fps in MS Windows or Linux on a machine similar to that one (Athlon XP 2700+, 1GB of RAM, Geforce 4 TI4200).

As for your particular problem, it could be due simply to a difference in maturity between the XP and Linux drivers. Have you noticed this kind of disparity on other games that you play in both OSes, or is it peculiar to UT2004?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Banned
    I haven't tried out any other games...

I just realized this username was started by a bugmenot account. I am locking this thread and banning this user. If the person who originally started this account wants help, I suggest they take the time to give a real email address and register with the forum.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants