Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I run Mandrake 10 on an emachines M5116 laptop. I have both Xine and MPlayer installed and both were working fine. Now, all of a sudden, I have a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Xine sound but no picture

Hello,

I run Mandrake 10 on an emachines M5116 laptop. I have both Xine and MPlayer installed and both were working fine. Now, all of a sudden, I have a problem. When I try to play a DVD with Xine, I get sound but no picture. When I try MPLayer, I get nothing at all. However, I can start MPlayer, try to play DVD then quit MPlayer (but the MPlayer window freezes on screen) and then start Xine and it will play both sound and picture!

Can anyone tell me what is going on and how I can fix it?

Donald

Linux Engineer
    Cant help withthat problem however i would strongly reccomend ogle for playing dvd's

Just Joined!
    Ive got the exact same problem. Infact, the only way I get to watch dvds is to startup MPlayer, wait for it to freeze, then start Xine...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I've not managed to fix this but what I do now is to start Xine and leave it, then pop in the DVD and it defaults to starting Totem as soon I put it in the laptop. Totem is thus starting with Xine in the background and works fine.

I've tried every forum I can find and no one sees to know what is causing the problem.

Donald