Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there a good place to download codecs such as, mp3, mpeg mpeg4, mov. wma, and quicktime (I cant thing of file extensions for quicktime)? Or does fc6 come with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Codecs

Is there a good place to download codecs such as, mp3, mpeg mpeg4, mov. wma, and quicktime (I cant thing of file extensions for quicktime)? Or does fc6 come with these codecs and i can just install them from the disk? if so what are they called and if you can tell me which disk that would be great. Thanks for your time.

I think *.mov files are associated with quicktime.
    Anyway check this it should be useful. Try making a little research, I think there are a lot of posts regarding multimedia support
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

C...O...D...E...C...S...? *Gasp* *Looks over shoulder*

Ahem, (They appear not to be following me.) Codecs can be found in the deepest, darkest corners of Mordor. However, to get there, your going to need an elf, a gnome, and a plastic ring. Beware, however, that an evil all seeing eye, named IP will be watching you...

C...O...D...E...C...S...? *Gasp* *Looks over shoulder*

Ahem, (They appear not to be following me.) Codecs can be found in the deepest, darkest corners of Mordor. However, to get there, your going to need an elf, a gnome, and a plastic ring. Beware, however, that an evil all seeing eye, named IP will be watching you...
    I am not sure I know just what you ment...

Fedora won't provide any such codecs out of the box. They're one distribution that believes in all software being free and any that's not won't be incorporated by default (although Fedora 7 will have a little app that can point you in the right direction). If you'd like to get those things working, try checking out these links:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/
    http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-fc6.html

Maybe you can copy the codecs form some distro like MEPIS and use them (just an idea)