Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I downloaded all three disks for installation of Agnula. I have run disk one. which seemed logical to do, and went through all the polarva or installing it, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

N00b...I jus dont understand

Hi all,

I downloaded all three disks for installation of Agnula. I have run disk one. which seemed logical to do, and went through all the polarva or installing it, then i hit this console thing where it asks me to install extra packages, my question to you is;

What the hell do i do???

Once i click on these things that are listed (i dont even know what they are) it asks for a username and password, installs it and then leaves me with this DOS like screen...I can type what i want, but i cant get into the main OS of linux...surely this isnt rite...for once i appreciate the setup of WinXP, that was nice and easy

Linux Engineer
    you are in the "main OS"... it's called a console.. it's where most people work once they become more familiar with any *nix flavor... if you want to start the GUI (assuming you installed it), try running:
    Code:
    startx
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr