Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I've been doing even MORE digging on this problem. I noticed something odd about the Interrupts from my machine...the soundcard and ethernet card are BOTH on IRQ 16 Code: [kyral@HikariNoYuki ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I've been doing even MORE digging on this problem. I noticed something odd about the Interrupts from my machine...the soundcard and ethernet card are BOTH on IRQ 16

Code:
    [kyral@HikariNoYuki ~]$ cat /proc/interrupts
               CPU0       CPU1
      0:     405196          0   IO-APIC-edge      timer
      1:       1098          0   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
      8:          0          0   IO-APIC-edge      rtc
     12:      38500          0   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
     14:      11464          0   IO-APIC-edge      ide0
     16:       1217          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   HDA Intel, eth0
     17:     203161          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   wlan0
     18:          2          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   ohci_hcd:usb1, ohci_hcd:usb2, ehci_hcd:usb3
     21:       3838          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   acpi
    NMI:          0          0
    LOC:     404914     405057
    ERR:          0
    MIS:          0
    Maybe this has something to do with it....

Just Joined!
    Kyral, you are correct, I have a Gateway MT3705.
    If you ever get the sound working on yours, I would really appreciate it if you posted the winning formula

Just Joined!
    According to a thread in Ubuntu's Forums, the sound is being rerouted to the USB ports. So if you plug in USB Speakers or USB Headphones, then you get sound...interesting problem

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Fedora Core 6 - sound problem with Gateway hardware - solution

This is a solution to the problem described in this thread.

I was running Fedora Core 6 2.6.20-1.2925.fc6 on a Gateway GT4024 with hardware
    "ATI Technologies Inc SB450 HDA Audio"
    and it also did not work for me; i.e. no sound.

This is the fix that worked for me:
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...610#post764610
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chicken078
    As suggested on the bugzilla site (bugzilla.redhat.com bug #231414), I downloaded the kernel from http://people.redhat.com/cebbert/kernels/ and my sound is back!

I see a new kernel update in testing. So, an official update is going to be released soon if you want to wait.

I also tried this, updated to kernel 2.6.20-1.2932.fc6 and my sound is also back. Thanks!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I clicked on the redhat.com link and installed kernel-xen-2.6.20-1.2932.fc6.x86_64.rpm
    and have sound back.

Just Joined!
    Hmm....now how to affect that patch on ArchLinux. I assume the RedHat guys are going to send it upstream at some point..

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Sharitt View Post
    You didn't say what kind of computer you had, but on some laptops( and possibly other setups) you need to disable the external amplifier in alsamixer. I hope this helps somebody, it took me nearly two weeks to stumble across it.
    Hi Tim, I have Compac Presario 1245, 3GB HD,330 MHz,160 MB RAM, Zenwalk 5.2,WLANUSB on router SpeedportW 700V, DSL 6000
    How to disable external amplifier?

Also you might know something about connection speed: It takes me minutes to search in this forum. Reading of all the pages takes too much time. I should mention that from time to time there is a warning "Unresponsive scripts". I use as browser iceweasel2. Any expierience how to attack this? The download speed is fine, about a few hundred Mb/s. Your help is very much appriciated. Hardi2000
    Last edited by Hardi2000; 09-21-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: additional information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2