Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am using Mplayer, but cannot hear anything from some website. It's perhap not complete some pluggin. how the way i can download full plugins? And show me the way ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how can i enjoy the music by Mplayer

i am using Mplayer, but cannot hear anything from some website. It's perhap not complete some pluggin. how the way i can download full plugins? And show me the way to install them.
    thanks for reply.

What codecs have you installed? What type of streams do and do not work?

Second, what distro are you using (this will help with installation instructions)?
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    What codecs have you installed? What type of streams do and do not work?

Second, what distro are you using (this will help with installation instructions)?
    Thanks you.I am not be sure what codecs to install. My problem is I can not enjoy music online because some plugin for Mplayer (I don't know what it is). I think all download plugins will be OK but I don't know where I can find them and how to install them.
    for this subject I attach a picture to.
    Thanks for all reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    What is the stream type (I'm guessing its a Windows Media Player format) and what distro?

If you are trying to watch streams from a website, you will need to install mplayerplug-in. You can do this with yum:
    Code:
    su
    <enter your root password>
    yum install mplayerplug-in
    This is assuming you have the livna repositories enabled. If you are unsure, visit here for instructions to set up the livna repos.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)

Just Joined!
    My OS is LinuxCentOS and I want to use window media for the music online (or more exactly, my web site I want use it). how can I enjoy the music?

Since you are using CentOS (an RHEL clone), you will need a repo that is binary compatible and therefore Livna is no good for you.

What version of CentOS are you using? Assuming you are using a 32-bit system, install this for CentOS 4, this for CentOS 3 and this for CentOS 2. With the appropriate package installed, you should then be able to execute the yum command above to install mplayerplug-in.

If you are not using a 32-bit system, let me know and I will give you the proper link to the repo info.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    Since you are using CentOS (an RHEL clone), you will need a repo that is binary compatible and therefore Livna is no good for you.

What version of CentOS are you using? Assuming you are using a 32-bit system, install this for CentOS 4, this for CentOS 3 and this for CentOS 2. With the appropriate package installed, you should then be able to execute the yum command above to install mplayerplug-in.

If you are not using a 32-bit system, let me know and I will give you the proper link to the repo info.
    I did it to the way you show but still hear anything. By your way, I download plugins for CentOS4 and be successed installing. For more information, please visit nhacso.net to help me. thanks. this web is a production of Vietnam.

Just Joined!

More a question for Mplayer

I can't play or sort the songs by random. How can I do it?