Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I need a good software product that can convert video, between the most popular formats. I searched on Google and found an overwelming offer, some free and some paid; ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need a good video converter

Hello,

I need a good software product that can convert video, between the most popular formats. I searched on Google and found an overwelming offer, some free and some paid; but I am interested in your personal suggestions, something that you use and are satisfied with!

I use ffmpeg and mencoder, they are pretty easy to use if you read the man page
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Linux Newbie
    I use Avidemux. It's a video editor, but it's also a snap to use to video conversion as well.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

re:Need a good video converter

It sounds like an excelent product, and I found <removed> which has excelent compression and a very easy to use interface. I will still check a few other before I decide which one I will use on the long term!Thank you for your suggestions!
    Last edited by bigtomrodney; 04-01-2007 at 02:26 PM.

This is a Linux forum, we suggested Linux software
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

I get the impression this was spam, it's completely irrelevent to Linux. Links removed, locked.