First of all I've tried multiple approaches to this before you anything is said. I've ran the .run file thru terminal and installed the package that was complied for suse 10.1 and installed the rpm. I've also converted the .run and extracted it to an rpm file SuSE/SUSE101-IA32..ext.. Yeah, so thats done. I've cleansweeped before each installation grep ext...

Aticonfig is my problem. I've tried a few approaches, saving xorg.conf to another file name and copying ati settings to that file and deleting original and replacing the copy and changed the filename back to xorg.conf..no go

hollow0@linux:~> aticonfig -inital --input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf
Using /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Saved back-up to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.fglrx-5
aticonfig: Writing to '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' failed. Bad file descriptor.
hollow0@linux:~> aticonfig -inital -input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf
Warning: Could not find configuration file
Please copy configuration file template to /etc/X11

I've played with the "-" and "--" when configureing. Display settings still says vesa frame buffer but I do have 3d enabled. I just want the flippin name in the driver instead of vesa, I consider anything less than ATI partial.

And if its possible to customize and anti-aliasing or wtv is possible let me know how.

And somthing called glew works with glx"OpenGL" good or bad. I've never properly configured my radeon x1300 card with linux. It works with windows..I do blame that my card seems proprietary from dell due to the fact it doesn't say ATI anywhere on the MF'in card. Let me know what you all (ya'll) think.