Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been using DeVeDe to try to create ISOs of video DVDs to burn with K3D. Nomatter how carefully I select the "Video DVD" button it keeps making CD ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I create a DVD ISO with DeVeDe?

I have been using DeVeDe to try to create ISOs of video DVDs to burn with K3D. Nomatter how carefully I select the "Video DVD" button it keeps making CD ISOs. The final ISO is 880MB, so I have no idea what kind of CD it thinks I have. Also, in the "disk usage" section, the media size reads as 4.7GB, but still it produces a CD image.

Can anyone either tell me how to get around this or suggest another program to make a DVD from a .DV/.AVI/.MPG please?

Avidemux
    ManDVD
    KMediaFactory
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

How do you know it is a CD ISO and not a DVD ISO? Maybe your videos are too small to fit a complete DVD
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by khinch
    I have been using DeVeDe to try to create ISOs of video DVDs to burn with K3D. Nomatter how carefully I select the "Video DVD" button it keeps making CD ISOs. The final ISO is 880MB, so I have no idea what kind of CD it thinks I have. Also, in the "disk usage" section, the media size reads as 4.7GB, but still it produces a CD image.

Can anyone either tell me how to get around this or suggest another program to make a DVD from a .DV/.AVI/.MPG please?
    devede is a wonderful program. Mr Pablo sounds right, you probably are making dvd's.. just from small files. try burning it to dvd and see. for me, devede turns a 20 second low resolution mpeg file into a 12mb dvd iso.. and a 700mb divx movie into about 3gig.. but sometimes more depending on the movie.

i also like ff-mpeg - theres a gui for it called winff... but it can't create the dvd file structure so you need to use dvdauthor to finish it off - or just burn the dvd compliant mpeg. I like ff-mpeg better than devede because you can do a 2 pass encode to improve quality if needed .. as well as a few other fun things.

also.. why would you want to burn the iso with k3d? .. i mean, you can.. but i cant see the point. devede creates the file structure needed to play the dvd, and also the iso.. so theres no need for k3d. i just burn the iso from nautilus.