Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm running q3a through wine, it's installed and runs fine, except for a few basics that i don't quite understand yet. The game window does not play fullscreen though ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

quake 3 arena

Hello, I'm running q3a through wine, it's installed and runs fine, except for a few basics that i don't quite understand yet. The game window does not play fullscreen though "fullscreen is enabled in the game options" i'm running my desktop at 1440 x900, the game at 1024x768. Also, I'm not sure how to "Lock" the mouse into the game window, when i get to the edge of the game it simply rolls off onto the desktop. How to make fullscreen and lock the mouse?

if it helps, when i start the game i get the message "its highly unlikely that a correct windowed display can be initialized with the current desktop display depth. Select "ok" to try anyway. " in which I click Ok... Sorry if anything isnt clear let me know if i can fill more info in. thanks

Well, the obvious question is, why not use the native Linux version?
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Just Joined!
    I'm not sure why i didnt use openarena, i guess it's because i;ve played so many hours on q3a i was worried it would have some annoying differences or not play on servers running q3a, i don't know.. I just want to run the origional q3a if i am able to properly

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by tacgsm View Post
    I'm not sure why i didnt use openarena, i guess it's because i;ve played so many hours on q3a i was worried it would have some annoying differences or not play on servers running q3a, i don't know.. I just want to run the origional q3a if i am able to properly
    We are talking about the original Quake 3 here. It has an officially-supported (and retail sold) Linux version. If you have the MS Windows version you can just download the Linux point release here:

ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/qua....32b-3.x86.run

It's a graphical installer that will ask for your Windows CD and copy over all the files you need. This also works for the Team Arena expansion if I'm not mistaken. If it doesn't, you can simply copy over the PK3 files from the disc's /baseq3/ directory and it will work.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Oh, I see. Thanks