Find the answer to your Linux question:
i just got my ati drivers to work so i installed ut2004 tried to run it from terminal got a command not found, than i whent to the ut2004 folder ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ut2004 won't run on fedora

i just got my ati drivers to work so i installed ut2004 tried to run it from terminal got a command not found, than i whent to the ut2004 folder and clicekd on the icon to start it, ran it in terminal, started to load than quits i got this in the terminal have no idea what it means
    WARNING: ALC_EXT_capture is subject to change!
    3d works tested it with this glxgears

Just Joined!
    I have installed ut2004 on FC1 no problem however the game is located at

/home/carlos/ut2004

I run the game executable and I see the window comes up for ut2004 but the game never loads, the window just goes away???

Just Joined!
    i got my in the same place and it won't load what's your terminal say, i'm thinking it might be something to do whith the graphics, maybe a interference between the kernel and fglrx drivers, maybe a custom kernel will help

on another note why the hell can i get 4000fps on glxgears but i can't get 0 that # between 0 and 0.0 on ut2004

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    i am having the same problem, i think it might have something to do with the path

Just Joined!
    I found out that my video card drivers were not installed correctly and that is why when I ran the game, I would see the ut2004 splash page for a few seconds with the penguin and then it would just drop. No error at all but I was not running from konsole so I did not check -

Make 100% sure that your video card drivers are correct.

I gave up ATI as much as I love them for nVidia since they have better Linux support.

Just Joined!
    i had the same problem awhile ago but i got it working (i have an nvidia card though). Make sure you change the videocard driver in the xfree86 config file, i think that was my problem.. seems to be a popular problem so try hitting google up if you havent already