Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got (most) of counter strike source running under wine (besides sound), but I'm having some major problems connecting to any servers. Any server that I try to connect ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Counter Strike Source Can't Connect

I just got (most) of counter strike source running under wine (besides sound), but I'm having some major problems connecting to any servers. Any server that I try to connect to gives me a "connection failed after 4 retries" error. One Windows when I got this problem it turned out to be my software firewall, but I have no idea where to start in linux. I tried to run the steam network connectivity app to diagnose my problem, but the URL confused firefox so I couldn't run it. I'm pretty sure that I have peerguardian and firestarter downed via /etc/init.d xxx stop, but I'm still getting problems. I'm not 100% sure that the problem isn't with the ports I have open on my router, but this shouldn't matter as long as I can connect to steam at all should it? Thanks for any help you can give guys.

Linux Newbie
    It did turn out to be my router/firewall then. Some of the port forwarding settings got messed up when my idiot brother reset the router and I had to restore some backup settings.