Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys. I'm on the brink of a decision... Linux or Windows. Linux is winning by far but I'm missing my games lol. I just wanted to ask, do games ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cedega and system specs

Hey guys. I'm on the brink of a decision... Linux or Windows. Linux is winning by far but I'm missing my games lol. I just wanted to ask, do games run slower under Cedega because they're being emulated? I'm only asking because my PC came out of the ark and I have to turn down the graphics enough as it is to get them running.
    Thanks in advance.

Check out this article comparing games on Windows XP, Vista, native Linux, wine, and Cedega. They only look at a couple of games (since not many have both Windows and Linux native clients, and work correctly under Cedega), but those two show little or no performance hit.

The more important thing to pay attention to is whether Cedega or wine will run your games, as shown on Cedega's site and winehq's app database. Also note that the benchmarks in the above article only show in-game frames/second; disk operations are much improved with the latest version of Cedega, but still may not be up to expectations.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Just Joined!
    Wow not as much difference as I expected. Cheers. I'll have to try this out...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close