Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hello I'd like some really good games like counterstrike call of duty etc but then for linux.... thanks!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Games

Hello
    I'd like some really good games like counterstrike call of duty etc but then for linux....

thanks!

Counterstrike and Call of Duty will only run in Linux using a translator program like WINE or Transgaming's Cedega. Even then it's not guaranteed they'll work well, or at all.

If you're a heavy Windows gamer, keep a MS Windows partition available for those kinds of things. It's just a lot less work.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe View Post
    Counterstrike and Call of Duty will only run in Linux using a translator program like WINE or Transgaming's Cedega. Even then it's not guaranteed they'll work well, or at all.

If you're a heavy Windows gamer, keep a MS Windows partition available for those kinds of things. It's just a lot less work.
    omg why doesn't anything work lol

tnx Ill do

for counterstrike on linux read this one

Counter-Strike » Linux: Install CS Source
    life is the greatest opportunity that the nature had given you

Quote Originally Posted by henky View Post
    omg why doesn't anything work lol
    Well, there are a number of reasons why you can't run MS Windows software on Linux, not the least of which is Linux is not MS Windows. It's a different OS all together, which handles memory and software completely differently than Windows, Mac OS X, or any other operating system out there.

Think of it this way: you can't run a Playstation 3 game on an Xbox 360. They're just designed for different devices. If you have an Xbox and want to play Resistance: Fall of Man, you need to keep a PS3 around.

Many of us do this very thing for MS Windows. It has a huge library of commercial games available for it, so it's handy to keep around for that purpose.

But perhaps you didn't mean to actually discuss this at length and I'm taking your offhand comment way out of proportion. Long story short, Windows games work better on Windows. Keep it around for that.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

i tried getting Call of Duty 2 installed but it crashes at the install process but i was able to install some older games. Call of Duty might work under wine because i dont think it had pushed to direct x 9 yet but i may be mistaken.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

theres wolfenstein:enemy territory too which is a native linux game, very nice graphics and is pretty much our equivalent to counterstrike.
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    I have many linux game collections.I have also played counterstrike cell.Its really a awesome game.I have mentioned some of the linux games below.I hope so you will enjoy the games.
    1.Quake 3: Arena
    2.PyChess
    3.Possible Worlds
    4.Monsterz
    5.JRisk.

i always just Wine WoW thats the main game i play....i also hear that LotRO is getting good reviews also

Just Joined!
    Woah. I can't even run those games on my computer. I play nethack, doom 1 and other such things. I have a very old computer. IBM 300PL. I enjoy the games I run on it though. I need to find my copy of Daggerfall. Do you think it would run on Debian Linux without a Windows emulator?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast