Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey im also having problems with this. When i installed Doom 3 i put in my CD key fine, it said it was Valid and wouldnt ask for it again. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Doom 3 CD key

Hey im also having problems with this. When i installed Doom 3 i put in my CD key fine, it said it was Valid and wouldnt ask for it again. I patched up, went to play, and it asked me for my CD key again, so, i put it in, and it said it was invalid. I now have no idea what to do. Anyone fancy helping me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkz View Post
    Hey im also having problems with this. When i installed Doom 3 i put in my CD key fine, it said it was Valid and wouldnt ask for it again. I patched up, went to play, and it asked me for my CD key again, so, i put it in, and it said it was invalid. I now have no idea what to do. Anyone fancy helping me out?
    Well, again I'd first check to make triple-sure you typed it in correctly. Then I'd delete the key file and try again.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Ive put in my CD key a few times now, and deleted the CD Key i found in my "base" folder. Also tried using different CDkeys i found on the Web, that still didnt work.

Are you sure you have a legal version of the game?

Anyway you will get more support on id software's website. Also check on google.