Find the answer to your Linux question:
after successful installation of hda intel alsa drivers there is no sound when i try to open system>preferences>sound I get his message ' 'The application "gnome-sound-properties" attempted to change an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

roblem with audiosink after instalation of hda intel sound card

after successful installation of hda intel alsa drivers there is no sound
    when i try to open system>preferences>sound I get his message
    '
    'The application "gnome-sound-properties" attempted to change an aspect of your configuration that your system administrator or operating system vendor does not allow you to change. Some of the settings you have selected may not take effect, or may not be restored next time you use the application.''

when i go to details i get

Can't overwrite existing read-only value: Can't overwrite existing read-only value: Value for `/system/gstreamer/0.10/default/audiosink' set in a read-only source at the front of your configuration path
    Any ideas how to deal with it

I use Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller on Toshiba P100-188 i have installed alsa drivers before. therefore I doubt weather the problem is in drivers. It seems like the installation did not update audiosink as it is set as read only. I have tried everything without any result.

Just Joined!

similar issue

I'm also having some issues with alsa / intel sound drivers, but up until now i did not know that I could install my own. could you give me a few pointers?

Just Joined!

toshiba sound card fix

Toshiba p100 series sound fix !!!!! - Ubuntu Forums

Try this.
    Thi is my tread hw to fix intel sound cards problem in toshiba p10x series

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close