Find the answer to your Linux question:
i've seem to run into a problem, now for some reason when i plug my USB headset in my PS3 i get perfect sound out of my headset, then i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sound Problem on PS3 Linux 5.0.1

i've seem to run into a problem, now for some reason when i plug my USB headset in my PS3 i get perfect sound out of my headset, then i unplugged the headset, when i go to play a song i get no sound without the headset in, then i went to sound properties and tested the sound device and no sound . if anyone knows a solutions to this problem it would be appreciated. thanks

Just Joined!
    yeah i just re-installed Linux, everything is fine now. i think what happened was when i installed the first time, linux must have confused itself thinking my usb headset was my sound card.?? idk though, im new to linux

Just Joined!
    do you really have to reinstall it or can you like reconfigure it and how do you re install it with out messin it up do you have to delete ydl first then reinstall

Just Joined!

Hope you didn't reinstall!!

I was having the same probalem because I did the same thing but I figured it out from the Log files. You have to goto /etc and edit the modprobe.conf to how mine looks. Except don't touch any of the eth0 or others like that only change the values for the snd-card stuff.

alias eth0 gelic_net
    alias snd-card-0 snd_ps3pf
    options snd-card-0 index=0
    options snd_ps3pf index=0
    remove snd_ps3pf { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 2 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd_ps3pf

Your message was one that kept popping up when I was looking for the solution on Goole.
    Hope that helps it works for me now. Only reason I signed up here was for this post.