Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I'm in the middle of installing Counter Strike: Source, and it's asking me to put Disk 2 in, and it's not letting it eject, it's saying that an application ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't insert Disc 2

Hey, I'm in the middle of installing Counter Strike: Source, and it's asking me to put Disk 2 in, and it's not letting it eject, it's saying that an application is prevent it to eject, so how do I get around that?

Thanks,
    Phil

Probably means it is still being used by a program and it wont allow it to unmount. You can just issue the umount <hardware-path> command and see if it will unmount the drive and then allow you to open the drive. If not your cdrom drive will have a tiny pinhole on the front interface of it. Get you a paperclip or something very thin and push it in that pinhole and it will open your cd-rom. This is there incase you ever take out a cd-rom and forget a cd in the drive and dont feel like hooking power back up to it you can just use a paperclip and open it without power. Hope this helps
    $Billz

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? None they eat plants!

Dell Optiplex GX260, LTSP Diskless Workstation, Fedora Core 6