Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have recently set up a Lenovo PC (Model M55, 64-bit) to run SuSE Linux 10.2. I could find all of the drivers except the audio driver. The audio card ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    rjs
    Just Joined!

Linux audio drivers

I have recently set up a Lenovo PC (Model M55, 64-bit) to run SuSE Linux 10.2. I could find all of the drivers except the audio driver. The audio card is by SoundMax, but I have been unable to find a driver that will work for this card. Currently, the music plays when the system boots up, but it plays through the system speaker rather than the speakers plugged into it. Occasionally, I can get other system sounds to play, but after three or four noises are produced the sound disappears and only returns on the next reboot. Does anyone know of an audio driver for this system?

have you tried...

I was having a similar problem with my sound very recently, I was running Ubuntu 7.04 (64-bit) on a 64 bit machine (which makes sense) and had no sound, I switched to the 32-bit version and the sound works fine (maybe something to consider, it shouldn't affect your computer's performance negatively at all and there are more sound drivers geared towards the 32-bit distro's)

Cyrus

"Do or not do, there is no try"
    -Yoda-

Hey!

Hey!

I get the exact same problems! Except once, My speaker sound came from the dual external ones... Know no sound at all....
    ~Caleb

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, Caleb

Please start a new thread with the details of any issues you are having. This thread is a couple of years old now and probably no longer being monitored.

Thank you.
    oz