Call of Duty 2 Linux Server
I have downloaded a pre-made server package for v1.3 which tells me that I can copy my installed version of the game, then unpack the package into the folder, run the cod2_lnxded file and Im set.
It will start the process but not command prompt appears.
Does anyone know of a different solution or a better server package?
Did you type in the map name?
Installation From Scratch
- Get the retail Call of Duty 2 disc(s) (there may be multiple discs depending on what edition of the game you have obtained, or perhaps a single DVD-ROM disc).
- Copy the contents of disc ones "Setup/Data" directory to wherever you want to install the Call of Duty 2 Linux server. There should be a "localization.txt" file in the root of this directory, and a "Main" Subdirectory. Each additional disc should be opened and the contents of each "Data" folder should be copied over to the existing Main folder. When you have copied everything, the final installation size is around 3.5 gigabytes.
- Alternately, you may install on Windows and copy the installed game to your Linux system, but many will opt to skip this step since the data files are uncompressed and easily accessible on the discs. Final installation size is around 3.5 gigabytes.
- Unpack this archive in the root of the newly-copied tree, so "cod2_lnxded" is in the same directory as "localization.txt". Unlike the original Call of Duty, there are not seperate .so files like "game.mp.i386.so", so don't be concerned when you don't see them.
- Now, run the server:
- When you see "--- Common Initialization Complete ---", the game server has started, but you need to start a map before the server will accept connections. At this point, type:
("mp_leningrad" being a given map's name).
- Now you should see your server in the in-game browser. You will now want to customize your server, but that is beyond the scope of this document.
Call of Duty 2 Kubuntu Linux
I am a Kubuntu noob, and I don't think I follow. How do I run cod2, the game itself under Linux? Once I know that, I will try your instructions for running the cod2 server. Help! :confused: