HOWTO: Play media inside of Firefox
This is a brief tutorial on playing media inside of Firefox. It assumes a few things:
1) You have both video and sound
2) They work
3) I am using KDE 3.x, Firefox and GXine for this on Debian Etch/Sid
1) Install Firefox 1.5.x or greater (apt-get install Firefox)
2) Install Gxine (apt-get install gxine)
3) Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/446 and install MediaPlayerConnectivity 0.6.0
4) Restart Firefox and accept the MediaPlayerConnectivity defaults
5) Go to Tools -> MediaPlayerConnectivity -> Configure
6) For the first three options, change the path to /usr/bin/X11/gxine
7) For the second set of three options, I selected /usr/bin/X11/noatun
8) When you go to a site with embedded video (I have tested with WMV) right click on the video, select MediaPlayerConnectivity submenu and then select the first option. It'll open gxine and play just fine!
Hope this helps.